Whenever you have a new hard drive, it is wise to format it irrespective of which operating system you are using. In other words, formatting hard drives is a good practice before you start refusing old files. However, most of the users perform this action to ensure that the drive is completely empty. However, this practice is not only good for new drivers but for the used drives as well. However, proper formatting allows you to avoid compatibility issues. Hence you can talk to experts from data recovery Dallas for further guidance.
Formatting a drive involves the removal of all data from the drive. By this procedure, you set your hard drive ready for future usage by cleaning old files. The steps are as follows.
- Depending on the version of your operating system you need to open the disk management. However, for simple method just type diskmgmt.msc in the start menu or in the run dialogue box. However, you can also use the control panel for opening disk management. All in all, this entire step may take a few minutes. However, to format hard disk windows 10 stay tuned till the end.
- After you open the disk management point out your drive to be formatted from the given list. Nonetheless, you can minimize the windows if you don’t want to see all the information. Now, inspect the drive along with its name. Therefore open the drive without any hesitation. This will make you confident to format that drive. On the other hand, if your drive doesn’t come in the list then you must partition your drive. However, the partition is an action that you must conduct to format hard disk windows 10.
- Next, when you have your drive to be formatted, right-click on it and select ‘format’. This will open the disk-formatting wizard. Now, this is the right time to make sure that this is the drive to be formatted.
- In the next step, the volume label will cover the next multiple steps in the procedure. Further, in the textbox of volume label enter the name you want to give to your hard drive. Furthermore, you can keep the previous name if it brings more sense to you.
- In this step, you will have to choose your file system. In the given, textbox click on NTFS. Without a doubt, this is the available file name nowadays and considered to be the best choice. Next click on ‘Default’ in the allocation unit size textbox.
- Next, select the type of format you want. Select if you want a quick format or a standard format. After that, you will get the option that is Enable file and folder compression. However, this option remains unchecked by default. Now finally click on the OK button and the procedure will start.
In the end, follow the above rules to format your hard drive. Else, you can also contact experts from data recovery Dallas for better guidance.